Friday, August 26, 2016

Recipe Love - Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo (Gluten Free Option)

When we went gluten free, I had gained quite a collection of pasta recipes.  In my gluten free newness, I thought we'd never again use them, because (obviously) pasta equals gluten and so forth.  I didn't know they had yummy gluten free pastas (and some of which we won't mention, because they were an utter failure)!  Lately, I have been taking a few of my previous favorite pasta recipes and simply subbing the noodles for a gluten free variety and they evoke the same flavors we used to love.  (We prefer the Barilla brand, so far.)  Pasta is such a treat! Today's recipe love is for Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo from here.  (Note: I'm not a fan of the blog name, but this girl has great recipes.)


When I first tried this recipe, years ago, I was just branching out in my ingredient list, as I had never tried roasted red peppers.  Where had these been, all of my life?  (By the way, you can usually find them near the pickles, in the grocery store.)  Today, it was all I could do not to eat all of the peppers, before I tossed them in the sauce.  (So good.)  The charred outer parts are the best!  This recipe calls for goat cheese, but as I had cream cheese on hand, at the time, cream cheese has stuck as our go-to.  The sauce is eat-with-a-spoon delicious and I usually do (eat it with a spoon, that is, in the name of "I must taste it to see if it needs salt," a thousand times).  So, on to the recipe!  You can find it, here.  My changes are as follows...

Ingredients
  • 12 ounces linguine (I use Barilla gluten free spaghetti)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced (I use 1 clove)
  • 1 onion, diced (I use 1/2 an onion)
  • 1/2 cup milk (I use 3/4 C.)
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream (I use 3/4 C. of half-n-half)
  • 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese (I use 8 oz of cream cheese)
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish (I eyeball this...I love Parmesan, so it's usually more)
  • 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
As you can see, I add more liquids and cream cheese, because I prefer more sauce.  I usually end up having to add more water, anyway. (Tip: save your pasta water...I normally forget to do this!)  Too, I don't have an immersion blender, so my food processor works great (you could use a blender, as well)!  This recipe is super simple and is full of flavor.  It has been a favorite of ours, since we first had it.  It's easy to put together and comes together quickly (it can be done in less than 30 minutes).  Add a quick salad and you have yourself a great meal (whether gluten free or not)! 

What are your favorite pasta dishes?

Enjoy!





If you'd like to see behind the scenes, you are welcome to follow me on Instagram at  @taylor_forhisglory...

#instastory 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts! Your comment will be approved, shortly!